A simple recipe to recycle Coke that has lost its fizz. Just flavor some chicken with it!
– 2 Chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless)
– half can (175 ml) Coca Cola
– 2 tsp soy sauce
Coca Cola Chicken with some fried rice
1. Place chopped chicken breasts in a bowl and cover them with a mixture of coca cola and soy sauce. Leave the bowl in the fridge overnight (say 8 hours) for the chicken to thaw and marinate.
2. Heat a pan and simmer the chicken in coca cola until the food is cooked (about 20 minutes).
3. Season cooked chicken breasts with a seasoning of your choice. I simply used pepper and parsley.
The chicken has a mild cola flavor and goes well with potatoes or rice. I quickly made some ginger-mushroom fried rice from leftovers. It was delicious! 🙂
Finally, whats the point of making coca cola chicken if you don’t have a glass of coke to go with it!