- I tend to avoid watching movies in movie halls because the idea of so many strangers sitting in one dark cramped room on seats designed for discomfort, eating huge portions of junk food and arching their necks to stare at a bright screen scares me. If and when I go, it’s usually a date or else a gang of friends (i.e. occasions when ‘watching the movie‘ is a secondary activity.)
- Yes yes, I am ‘that’ guy – the one who loves chatting with friends during a movie. I find it urgent to express my sarcastic views then and there, often sending out an infectious laughter. I don’t understand why some people think watching a movie is like going to a crematorium – no smile, no talk, just focus on the only source of light in the dark room…. and uh, yes, not laugh at my mediocre jokes.
- I strongly believe that mainstream movies (Bollywood masala in particular) are made for people with double digit IQ’s. Missing few minutes is not going to matter at all, (at least to people who understood what I just said)
- I love the system in the movie halls in India (atleast in Mumbai, I don’t know other cities) – tickets have seat numbers. If I plan and book in advance, I should have the right to choose my seat in advance. Else it feels like I am boarding an unreserved compartment of a railway train or an air deccan flight… people jostle to grab good seats 30 minutes before the movie starts and the guy who planned this looks like a fool.
- The first thing I check is signs marked ‘EXIT’ (and show it to my friends who laugh it off.) The last thing I wanna do in a crisis situation is to squander time searching for one.
- I don’t understand why people zealously overpay for poor quality goods, such as food. And what exactly makes everyone hungry once they enter the confined room? Its a matter of 2-3 hours, comeon! Often the cumulative sound of people munching and slurping their food is higher than the dolby digital movie sound, not to mention the annoying smell that lingers in the hall until your nose is immune to it.
- Dolby digital (and other fancy) sound systems does NOT mean ‘excessively loud volume.’ After the movie people usually emerge out screaming and yelling at each other because the
noisemusic has deafened their ear drums.
- I giggle when (other) people fart in closed and confined places. I have a fantasy for people who eat onion rings dipped in garlic sauce and then watch the movie with an open mouth. I secretly wish that some slimy bug with four hundred legs would slither into that opening. Seriously, the stench kills the most adorable deospray and I feel like burrying my nose in my (or my neighbor’s) armpits but then that would seem perverted.
- I don’t understand the craze for watching a movie on the first day paying double the price. I prefer weekday evenings when the prices are half and guess what, its the same stuff on screen!
- I would gladly pay more to have separate arm-rests for each chair. Some people have hairy, sweaty arms, no?
I have a feeling that hardcore movie buffs hate me now…. no, no, don’t hate me puhleezzz See I wrote few movie reviews too!
I’m tagging.. umm… let me think. Oh, if you like it, take it up voluntarily